Monday, January 3, 2011

MARIA AND DOROTHY

In a village there lives a girl named Maria. She is 5 years old. She is a good girl. She likes to read many books. She also likes to write. Always she is first in her school. Her teachers, friends, neighbours and parents like her. But one of her classmate Dorothy does not like her.

One day Dorothy painted on her arms herself. It was like a pinching mark. When she finished the painting she went near a tree and sat under the tree. Then she acted like crying.

The maths teacher came there and asked her “what happened, Dorothy? Why are you crying?”

“Ngyee ngyee. Teacher, Maria pinched on my arms. ngyee ngyee .” Dorothy said.

No, Maria will not do it. Teacher whispered herself. She got an idea. “Come Dorothy I will apply water on it”

“No, teacher, it’s ok, no problem.”

“Why do you fear? Don’t be afraid. Come with me.” Teacher slowly pulled her and walked to the toilet.

When the teacher applied water on her arms, the mark disappeared.

“What is this Dorothy?”

“Nothing mam…. I’m… I’m sorry mam”

“OK. Now I give you an excuse. Don’t repeat this.” Dorothy felt ashamed.

When she reached home, her mother asked her, “I got a call from your maths teacher. Why are you doing such bad things, Dorothy?”

“I am sorry mom. All are appreciating Maria always. But nobody tell about me. I feel jealous and angry.” Dorothy said.

“If you behave like this, how the others can appreciate you?”

“I promise you mom, I will never behave like this again. I will try to be a good girl.” Her mother hugged and kissed her.

One week later, the supervisor came to the class and said, “My dear students, the school has decided to give a scholarship to a child each month. This month’s scholarship goes to Maria. She will get 500 Dirhams as scholarship. Next month it will be to anyone of you who behaves and studies well”

Dorothy thought, “I will try to get it next time.”

2 comments:

faisu madeena said...

nice story ..chikkoos ....ninakku malayalathil ezhuthikkoode ...

atho enne pole malayalam ariyille ninakkum ....!!!

CUCKOO ARION said...

faisu uncle, i know and love malayalam.... but sometimes i write in english also... will try to write more in malayalam...
എനിക്ക് ഇഷ്ടപ്പെട്ട വരികളാണ്...
മറ്റുള്ള ഭാഷകള്‍ കേവലം ധാത്രിമാര്‍
മര്‍ത്യനു പെറ്റമ്മ തന്‍ ഭാഷ താന്‍